Garlic with the blue and white jug
Well, it’s been quite a while since my last post. Many other things got in the way over the summer months, not least some ill health, and art has been the area to suffer. I’ve got a few new pieces to get online that were completed over that time, although they are fairly few and far between. I’ve now got to start getting back into the routine of painting, and to that end I may move some things from my studio into a spare room in the house. Until I’m back in the flow of a regular work routine I think I have to make things as easy for myself as possible, and the convenience of having everything close at hand might be a strategy to try out.
Back to this little study, which was actually completed back in May. Continuing with my experiments with texture and brushwork, I used no (or very little) medium, thicker paint and minimal blending. The garlic was fairly newly bought, but when I went to cook with it I discovered that it was completely dried out and useless for eating. It’s good to know that it didn’t go entirely to waste.